Non-Contract Property Transfers

If you are considering buying, selling or transferring property to a family member, there is a cheaper way to do it. This is often referred to as a Non-contract Transfer and it is the legal way to buy and sell between family members.

Guiding you through the property, land, and title transfer process

Our team of licenced conveyancers provide comprehensive services for those looking to transfer property to another person or entity such as a spouse, family member, or trust including:

Looking to transfer a property title? We’re here to help!

The exchanging of property, large sums of money, and legal documents between family members can often be stressful and full of tension. Let our experienced property lawyers handle your property transfer process to ensure all participants are happy, the process is smooth and the transfer is legally sound.
Our team of licenced conveyancers have extensive experience in transfer of land transactions and can provide guidance and timely advice on the best way to proceed to the benefit of all parties.

We help our clients with:

  • Adding, Removing or Updating Names on the Title
  • Transferring Property to a Spouse, Child, Family Member or Trust
  • Property Transfers Involving a Deceased Person
  • Property Transfers Involving Non-Family Relationships

Will I pay stamp duty on the transfer of property?

Our experienced property lawyers will advise you on whether you are liable for stamp duty and what exemptions or concessions may be available to you. If you are eligible for an exemption or concession we will help you with the paperwork to ensure the process is smooth and hassle-free.
Common reasons for stamp duty exemption include:
  • Transfers between married couples and de facto partners
  • Marriage, de facto or domestic relationship break
A Trusted Partner in Property Title Transfers and Adjustments

Helpful Resources

Verification of Identity Brochure (VOI)

  Download 1.13 MB

Verification Form for Australia Post

  Download 452.66 KB

Ultimate Moving House Checklist

  Download 1.43 MB

Looking for a conveyancer or solicitor?
Speak to the law firm with the experience and dedication you need.
Scroll to Top