Off The Plan
Let us guide your through the process of buying a property off the plan.
Purchasing a Property Off the Plan
Buying property ‘off the plan’ can be a brilliant way to get ahead of the rest of the market. It allows you to buy a property before it’s actually built and beat any other potential buyers in the market.
East Coast Conveyancing can help you purchase off the plan. We will advise you in detail on all matters relating to the Contract for Sale for your ‘off the plan’ purchase including:
- the Sunset Clause date
- Schedule of finishes and inclusions.
- We will ensure you have an understanding of what to expect throughout the off-the-plan purchase process and that you are clear on what the end product will be.
What you should do after you decide to buy an Off The Plan property:
Once you’ve found a block of land or unit that you wish to purchase ‘off the plan’, you will need to do the following:
- Call East Coast Conveyancing. One of our team will ask you a few questions to find out your situation and answer some of the questions you may have.
- We’ll discuss with you your eligibility for a government grant
- We’ll calculate your stamp duty and let you know when it needs to be paid.
- We’ll work out a time frame for you to sign and exchange contracts, if you haven’t done so already.
- We’ll run you through the process of buying off the plan and how you can secure the property as soon as possible.
What is a Sunset Clause?
The Sunset Clause is the last date on which the vendor has to register the plan of subdivision/strata plan. There are rules and regulations in every contract, including the sunset clause. This is why it is best to ask us to have a look at your contract and advise you accordingly.
What we do for you
WE REVIEW THE CONTRACTS
Our role is to make sure the Contract of Sale is legal and in your best interest. We review the contract, discuss it with you and provide you with a written review as well.
LIASE WITH LENDER OR BROKER
We act as the “middle man” between your lender or broker to make sure all funds are available for settlement.
EXCHANGE CONTRACTS QUICKLY AND SAFELY
Without an exchanged contract, the home you want to buy is still considered to be “on the market”. Our goal is to have you exchange as soon as possible in the most secure way.
WE KEEP YOU UP TO DATE AT ALL TIMES
We know communication is key to eliminating the stress of buying a property. If you own a mobile phone, we’ll send you regular messages letting you know what’s going on. We also email all important information to you, so that you have all documentation on hand.